Sunday, May 24, 2009

Uncle!

Alright, dammit. I'm going to get on Facebook. But I don't have to be happy about it, do I? No, I'm going to be my typically curmudgeonly self about this. And I'll be damned if I'll Twitter.

It's been some time since I've posted on here, by the way - very busy times, with a daughter graduating from high school and a host of other trials and tribulations in my life these past few weeks. My posts may be few and far between for a while as well, because I plan to undertake writing not one, but two books. So forgive me if my economic and political rants are sparse for a while. On the economic side, you'll get plenty of reading out of one of the books, and on the political side ... well, I'll have to save that one for awhile. The second book will be built on the "All Good" post.

Speaking of "all good," there's another "all good" member of my family - my daughter Sydney, who just graduated from high school, and will attend my alma mater, Pittsburg State University, in the fall - on academic and music schollies, no less. She's bright, beautiful, very well-grounded, talented in art (her major) and music (her minor), and has been accepted into the Honors College at Pitt. We'll be empty-nesters (as much as one can be so with three dogs, including a diabetic), but we'll see her often, as we still have our season football tix, and she'll be at all the games. It will be a new chapter for us, and I'm looking forward to lots of "us-time" with the most wonderful woman in the world, and the best Mom ever.

Watch for the books - I'll post updates on the progress - and in the meantime, I hope to occasionally throw out at least a brief rant.

No comments: